Who are we?
Loughborough based Ashmount & Encompass Alliance is a new School Direct ITT partnership working with The University of Derby to train high quality primary teachers. Although the partnership is operating for the first time in 2013-14 it will be building on the foundations established by Loughborough Encompass Partnership’s Graduate Teacher Programme which was established over a decade ago to contribute to the teaching workforce in Loughborough. LEP subsequently broadened its involvement in schools and settings into other areas of Leicestershire and surrounding authorities. It has a strong track record in terms of DfE data in the employability of its trainees – its statistics are amongst the best in the sector. Many of LEP’s former trainees now work as mentors with our current trainees. Ashmount & Encompass Alliance is guided in its work by a strategic management committee comprising headteachers with extensive ITT experience. The original mission statement for Loughborough Encompass Partnershipwas ‘To train high quality primary phase teachers by recruiting the highest quality candidates available enabling them to achieve their full potential as newly trained teachers through training involving high quality partnership schools and a high quality central training based programme all under the active management of a committed provider...’ The currency of that aspiration remains as the partnership seeks to move forward through the School Direct scheme.
What the Alliance Offers:
- established expertise in training successful primary teachers;
- a strong personal tutoring system;
- the benefits of a small tightly led and administered organisation;
- academic and professional education and training from an outstanding university provider;
- access to a range of good and outstanding schools with extensive ITT experience in Loughborough and the surrounding area;
- placements in two contrasting contexts;
- placements in Special Schools;
- the opportunity to gain academic awards – PGCE and 60 M level credits.
Provisional Information about the application process
There will be a new centralised application process administered by UCAS which will open on November 21st. Trainees will be able to apply to a limited number of university and School Direct providers. As soon as the details of this system are finalised we will post them on this website. Candidates should take note of the following:
- applicants will need to have GCSE grade C minimum (or equivalent) in English, maths and science;
- applicants will be expected to have, or anticipate being awarded, an honours degree normally at a minimum of a 2:1;
- applicants should have a minimum of twenty days’ recent observation and /or employment experience in primary schools;
- applicants should be aware that DfE skills test passes in maths and English are an entry requirement.
- Interviews will begin in December 2013.
Details of Ashmount & Encompass Alliance’s interview process will be published by 1st November 2013 but is likely to include written and mathematical tasks and group and individual interviews.
Ashmount & Encompass Alliance is committed to attracting trainees from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, men and women, mature candidates, and those from under-represented groups. Many applicants will already have had significant experience of working with children or young adults, possibly as Teaching Assistants or in a voluntary capacity. Applicants often come from widely differing commercial or industrial backgrounds or other areas of the public sector and it is recognised that they have the potential to bring valuable transferable skills and knowledge into the profession with them.
Links to our Partners.
Introductory Video for Applicants